I am on cloud nine right now! I am filled with happiness to have been honoured to be blessed with the Liebster Award for the second time around. (I was nominated last year so you can check out that post here). I am so thankful to have met so many new and cool friends through blogging and just to know that I was nominated by them is something very heart-warming, so thank you to coffeenlucia, Soori, Oshelooishi, NeeNee, Kelly199865, Chocokokoro, Yami Hyunnie, Kat, Time in the Gray, dewannifordrama and Breathless Survival, Isabelle Alyssa, Zombie Mamma and Melon for the nomination! ❤ Also thank you to Heisui and Justwacky for the nomination last year! (: What makes blogging so much fun is the ability to meet new friends and this is something I am truly grateful for. I can smile happily everyday that there are people out there appreciating dramas as much as I do. This blog is mostly focused on dramas so the Liebster Award gives you an opportunity to know a bit more about me and my love for dramas. I hope you have fun reading it as much as I enjoying writing the answers to it. (: & thank you for taking the time to read it!
This year the rules actually changed quite a bit compared to the rules last year but the main point of this “award” is to allow other bloggers to get to know more of the person typing behind the computer. Anyway, here are the official rules.
- Each nominee link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Questions from coffeenlucia Answered!
1. If you could change a drama’s ending, which drama would it be? What would the new ending be? Oooooo, this is a hard question! Well, actually it’s not because if I could I would change all the ending for TVB dramas. TVB dramas tend to start out on a relatively good note but then it just goes to overboard crazy. I have had my fair share of dramas where I just go scratching my head about the ending but I think the drama that sticks out most to me with an ending that I want to change is Highs and Lows. I would change it so that not everyone dies or have some cruel and deadly tie to drugs. I would also want to change the ending of A Change of Heart (AKA A Good Heart Goes Haywire) because trust me, that ending was ridiculous. I would make it somewhat sane. Of the recent dramas that I have seen, I would choose to change the ending of Lan Ling Wang (AKA King of Lan Ling) so that Yu Wen Yong can get the girl. Hehehe!
2. 5 cool facts about yourself? I’m cool? Well, why thank you for the compliment! (: Anyway, you asked for it and here they are! I already have 11 facts about me on my previous Liebster Award post so I’ll give 5 other facts.
- I think Chinese singers have the best MVs. I love that the MVs actually tell a story in conjunction to the song until Korean MVs which are seriously just people dancing inside a box or elsewhere.
- I judge a book by its cover, literally and not figuratively. If the book doesn’t have a pretty cover don’t expect me to pick it up unless someone has recommended it to me. An extra random fact is that I am currently reading the Divergent series by Veronica Roth.
- I only eat the “leaves” part of a broccoli and not the “trunk”.
- Shoe shopping is very hard for me because I have very tiny feet. 😦 They are about half a size smaller than size 5 but if I am lucky I can find some size 5 shoes that fit me like a glove.
- I have always wanted to learn to play the piano but my parents didn’t allow me to take lessons.
3. What got you into watching dramas? I actually have no idea. I grew up watching TVB dramas so I guess that was what got me into dramas. My cousin recommended me to watch Taiwanese dramas and then I opened up to Korean dramas and finally I am starting to watch Japanese dramas.
4. What is your favorite drama? And why? This is a hard question because I have a lot of favourite dramas! You can check out my favourite dramas on my Drama Ratings page. My current favourite drama right now is In A Good Way which is such an amazing watch every weak. It is sweet, pure and just very down-to-earth. It is so realistic that when you watch it you don’t actually feel that it is scripted!
5. How much time do you devote a day to blogging? Uhh, way too much when I should be studying. I am currently on holidays right now so I can afford to do so but I will be heading back to school in two days so I won’t be able to spend as much time blogging any more. The time that I devote to blogging each day varies depending on what type of posts I am writing up. Recapping takes the most time but a review can take even more time if I am confused with how to gather my thoughts. So all in all, I spend about 1+ hours per day on blogging.
6. How much time do you devote a day to watching dramas? Also way too much when I could be using that time for something much more productive. Well, an ep usually lasts for 45 mins – 90 mins so it really depends on what drama I am watching and how long the eps are.
7. If you could create a drama, what would be the plot? This is an interesting question! I want a rom-com drama! The plot would be about two undercover cops who have a fake marriage except they don’t know that they are undercover cops (lol, I guess undercover means that no one knows your identity) but then they fall in for for real and get into an entanglement when they discover each other’s identities.
8. Do you watch dramas by yourself or with other people? By myself because when I watch it with other people, they say I am annoying for pausing it numerous times throughout the one ep.
9. What’s your favorite food? Hmmm, what’s not my favourite food? I especially love desserts and sweet pastries. I love macarons pastries which shatter in your mouth such as tarts. I also really enjoying eating fruits. I love mangoes and can eat them forever if I could.
Questions from Soori Answered!
1. What was your first drama (Korean or other Asian drama) and what made you watch it? My first TVB drama and first drama overall was Virtues of Harmony and I watched it because my parents were watching it. I don’t quite remember my first Taiwanese drama but I think it was either Romantic Princess or Summer X Summer. I remember I was on mysoju.com (before it closed down) and decided to watch SXS because it had a low ep count. My first Korean drama was You’re Beautiful and I watched it because someone lent me the DVD. My first Japanese drama was Rich Man, Poor Woman and I watched it after hearing good reviews about it.
2. When you start a new drama, what are your requirements (eg. the plot, poster, trailer, writer, or PD and so on….) A bit of everything! I don’t have much requirements for TVB dramas since I watch all of it and well, you can’t expect much from TVB dramas. As for other dramas, I look for a bit of everything but mainly the plot. A plot is one of the biggest draws to a drama so it has to make me at least interested to see it. I don’t always know all the actors so I am open to see what they can bring to the drama.
3. What story (drama story) had an impact on your life, or if there are any? I don’t think there are any really because a drama is only a drama and not real life. I like to see dramas as something that allows me to take a break from RL and relax.
4. What is your favorite OST and why? I have a quite a few favourite OSTs but favourite one would have to be from Office Girls because the instrumentals was just so beautiful! Even to this very day I can still replay it over and over again. I also really enjoyed the OST from My Princess as it was very sweet and nice to listen to. The OST from Autumn’s Concerto was also another one which I really enjoyed as it was very suitable for the drama.
5. What are your thoughts in regards of the weak female leads? At times I like it but at times I don’t. Girls do not always have to depend on guys to have a purpose in life and girls are much more capable that fighting for love. I sometimes just wish that dramas would write some strong and independent female leads. Guys can be weak too but why are they always written to be the stronger character?
6. What character you find similar to yourself and why? Hmmm, this is quite a hard question! I’m not actually quite sure and I tend to forget about dramas which I saw a while ago. Of recent dramas that I have seen, I think I am most similar to Xiao Wei from In A Good Way because I am a shy and timid person and would rather hide than have things blown up big.
7. Do you have any actresses/actors you used to dislike but ended up changing your opinion about her/him/them after watching a (certain) drama? No really, well at least not from recent memory (lol, as you can probably tell, I have the memory of a gold fish).
8. Which variety show is your guilty pleasure? I don’t usually watch variety shows with the only variety show that I have caught being We Got Married Global Edition Season 1. Maybe I will catch the second season too.
9. Which singer/s made you cry? I’m not sure if a singer has ever made me cry before (memory of a goldfish, hehe) but I tend to be more moved by visuals than by music alone. Ooooo, maybe JJ Lin with Before Sunrise? I don’t quite remember.
10. What would be your ideal drama story? It is ideal as long as it does not result in some ludicrous ending. But really, my ideal drama story would be two people to fall in love with a tacit understanding with each other.
Questions from Oshelooishi Answered!
1. Where do you get your inspiration in writing down your thoughts in your blog about the dramas you watch? My thoughts! Whenever I watch a drama, opinions forms and I just write down these opinions, though admittedly, sometimes they can take ages to gather down!
2. At what time of the day do you mostly watch dramas? Usually in the afternoon, evening or night depending on when I have the time.
3. What are the benefits of watching dramas in your life? It allows me to relax and escape into a different world without pressure.
4. What do you think are the downside of it? It takes up too much of my time! Dramaing is already time-consuming but then it leads me to want to blog which takes up even more of my time.
5. What are your favorite dramas from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, etc (list as much as you can). I have lots of favourites! You can check them out on my Drama Ratings page. (:
6. Who are your favorite actors and your most favorite project of theirs? I’m just going to list this in dot points since I have quite a few fave actors.
- Lee Jun Ki – Two Weeks
- Lee Seung Gi – The King 2 Hearts
- Song Seung Heon – My Princess
- Ha Ji Won – Secret Garden and The King 2 Hearts
- Ariel Lin – It Started With A Kiss and In Time With You (AKA I May Not Love You)
- Roy Qiu – Office Girls
- Tony Yang – The Pursuit of Happiness
- Janine Chang – Sunny Happiness
- Lego Lee – In A Good Way
- Lorene Ren – In A Good Way
- Tavia Yeung – The Hippocratic Crush (AKA On Call 36 Hours), The Hippocratic Crush II (AKA On Call 36 Hours II), The Other Truth
- Linda Chung – Witness Insecurity, A Journey Called Life, Forensic Heroes, Forensic Heros II
- Kenneth Ma – The Hippocratic Crush (AKA On Call 36 Hours), The Hippocratic Crush II (AKA On Call 36 Hours II), Tiger Cubs, Survivor’s Law II
- Ruco Chan – The Other Truth, Brother’s Keeper
7. What advice can you give me with time management in blogging? Blogging is very time-consuming so set-up a time when you think is best for you to write. Usually the weekend is best since you can write without having to worry about school/work etc. the next day.
8. Apart from watching dramas, what are your hobbies? List as much interests as you can. Blogging, watching TV shows, reading, eating, listening to music, talking to friends and… that’s basically it. I’m a really boring person.
9. At what obsession level do you consider yourself with blogging? Blog-a-holic! I love my blog and now I can’t spend a day without checking my blog at least a few times each day. I need to learn to let go of this addiction especially with school nearing.
10. How much percentage of your daily time do dramas consume you? Not that much really. It all depends on how much dramas I have on my hands and how fast I am able to watch them.
Questions from NeeNee Answered!
1. What made you start blogging? It was something quite out-of-the-blue actually. I was a huge lurker before I started blogging and then one day I just decided to open up a blog and share my drama interests to the world. Did you know that My Drama Tea was one of the blogs other than A Koala’s Playground that really made me want to start a blog? I still remember it back when it had that pale green theme!
2. What keeps you blogging? Knowing that there are people all over the world reading my posts! It doesn’t matter if I get just one, ten or a hundred views; it is just the feeling that there is something reading what I put up. It doesn’t matter if they comment or not (obviously I love it so much more when I get a comment) but just knowing that they appreciate what I put up just makes me so happy. I love blogging for this very reason and it is what keeps me blogging. Our blog-o-sphere has a such a tight and sweet community! I love that I am able to interact with people who share the same interests as me! (: So please don’t be afraid to drop a comment! Comment so that we can interact and share our common love!
3. Future goals (in our outside the blogging/drama-watching sphere)? This is quite easy. I don’t wish for anything big, I just want to get married, have children and live happily ever after with my Prince Charming. I also want to be successful in what I do, I don’t have to make a name for myself or anything. I just want to be able to earn a stable income and take care of my family. (:
4. Profession? (out of curiosity, what do you do in your real life?) Full-time student! 8)
5. Gateway addiction into the drama realm? I don’t think I quite understand this question, lol, but my gateway addiction into the drama realm is well, dramas. I hope that this is what your question means! I apologised if I answered in inappropriately!
6. Favorite quote? [NeeNee loves quotes from movies, dramas, literature that really resonate and hit you, you know?] “Treat others the way you want to be treated”. It’s this golden rule that I live by everyday and I think this is the way to a successful and loving life. Wouldn’t it be great if the world was warless and that everyone just gets along with each other? Hopefully that day will come!
7. Coffee? Tea? Neither? [I personally think white chocolate hot chocolate is the most awesome concoction as is horchata.] Water! Water is the best for your body and also very delicious! I love it hot, cold, with ice or by itself. I have recently gotten myself into tea and I quite like it. I have learnt not to seep some tea for too long or else you will end up drinking something very bitter and that’s not very tasty.
8. Have you ever tried Calpis water [or something like it]? Say whattt!? What is that!? I googled it and I think I might have tried it. Is it something like “Aloe” drinks?
9. Are you proficient in more than one language? If so, which? Yep, and I am so glad for being able to understand more than one language! I am proficient in English, Cantonese and Mandarin. I understand some Vietnamese and I am currently learning Japanese, though my Japanese is very weak. I also really want to learn Korean! Being able to understand a drama in its native language is so much more meaningful than having to rely on subs.
10. Favorite OST? I’ve already answered that above in one of Soori’s questions (question 4). (:
Questions from Kelly199865 Answered!
1. If you can be a female drama lead in any drama, who would it be? Oh this is hard! I want to be a kick-ass lead, or at least a strong female lead kinda like Gil Ra Im in Secret Garden or Cheng You Qing in In Time With You (AKA I May Not Love You) or Fan Chi Yu in The Hippocratic Crush (AKA On Call 36 Hours) and The Hippocratic Crush II (AKA On Call 36 Hours II).
2. What would you do if a banana you are about to eat comes to life and begs you for his/her life? Eat it! Nahhh, jokes, I’m not such a heartless person. I would free it and let it live. But if that does happen the world will be a huge mind blow!
3. What is your all time favourite song to listen to at the karaoke? In all honesty, I have only been to the karaoke once so I don’t really have a favourite song to listen to at the karaoke.
4. What subject are you majoring in and do you know what you want to be in the future/what is your occupation? I’m studying as a full time student but I don’t really know what job I want! I’m really not sure as of yet but hopefully I will be able to find a loving job. It would be great if it would enable me to travel. I’ve actually had thoughts about teaching English overseas in the future so hopefully I can do that if my plans don’t change.
5. If the world ends in a week, would you still watch dramas for the remaining time or would you think it’s a waste of time? Yes, no, maybe. probably not. I have to be realistic about this and the answer is that I won’t. There is so much that I still want to do! I would make the most out of this one week and do things that I really have to do.
6. Do you believe in supernatural beings such as ghost, gumiho, aliens, etc.? Not really, but I’ll accept them if they prove to be true.
7. What influences your choice in picking a drama to watch? A bit of everything really. But I am more likely to pick up a drama if I hear good reviews on it.
8. What is your earliest memory you can remember? I have the memory of a goldfish so I don’t really remember much. If you asked me what happened yesterday, I won’t be able to tell you so.
9. What food out of any dramas you’ve watch do you want to try? Everythingggggg! Seriously, everything! I really want to go to Korea and try some authentic Korean dishes. I also would love to travel to Japan and try some Japanese food. Oooo, and I would like some Taiwan and Hong Kong street food! Now I am getting hungry because of writing this.
10. What would you do if you have amnesia? (kinda like making up your own story involving amnesia) Well, if I had amnesia I probably wouldn’t remember anyone so I would probably be very anxious wondering who is who. I don’t think I can live without not knowing what is going on around me.
Questions from Chocokokoro Answered!
1. If you could write the script for a drama, what would it be about? I answered a similar question in one of coffeenlucia’s questions (question 7) so you can check it out there. (:
2. What is your favorite genre of dramas and/or movies? It’s got to be the classic rom-com. Dramas that are light-hearted and upbeat are really up my alley.
3. Has an OST song ever made you shed tears? If so, which song(s)? Not that I remember, because my memory sucks! But like I said in one of the previous answers, I tend to be more moved by the visuals so if I shed a tear, it is probably due to what I see on screen than the song itself.
4. What one scene in any drama/movie have you ever wanted to happen to you? I’m walking and then it suddenly pours heavy rain and the man of my dreams appears with an umbrella for me.
5. What motivates you to keep blogging? My readers! Every single one of them whether they comment or not. Just knowing that they appreciate my posts makes blogging something very endearing! You can check out my answer Nee Nee’s question of this to which I gave a more detailed answer. But yeah, everyone of them, including you my dear friend. (:
6. Do you have any other obsessions beside watching dramas? Blogging? I don’t really have any obsessions besides watching dramas and blogging about them. Oh, maybe watching YouTube?
7. Does anyone you know in real life know about your life as a blogger? Yepp, a few of my friends do and my little brother. (:
8. What song do you have stuck in your head currently? Surprisingly, nothing! This is a rarity for me but the most recent ones were You Better Not Think About Me and Forever Love both by Hebe Tian.
9. If you could replace the leading lady/guy in any existing drama, which drama would you pick and why? I would replace Liang Xiao Shu in Love Around and get her to get together with Zhou Zhen from ep one so I wouldn’t have had to waste 21 eps on it. Or maybe Fang Jing Zhu in Two Fathers because she is feisty and has has an adorable family. Or maybe Lin Jia En in In A Good Waybecause I love her determination to stand up for justice and her friends. Plus, she gets Lego Lee. Or maybe Lee Seol in My Princess because she is a princess with an attitude and she gets Song Seung Heon.
10. How has watching dramas changed your life? Very dramatically. If it wasn’t for dramas, I would have never started this blog and I would have met this wonderful blogging community. I am really thankful for that and this has been the best thing about dramas. (: I hope I will be able to continue this in the future, I want to continue to keep doing this.
Questions from Yami Hyunnie Answered!
1. What got you so interested in Asian culture? Being Asian myself, I was exposed to Asian culture(s) very early on and then I started to drama and that brought me to love the Asian culture even more.
2. Do you tend to express your love for Asian culture outside of the blogging world (with friends, family, work or school?) I guess I express it by being me. Being Asian, I have the Asian likes and Asian blood in me. The Asian culture is just comes naturally to me. (:
3. If you were able to become fluent in only one language overnight, which would it be and what would you do with such skills? It’s got to be Korean! This way I can way my Korean dramas without subs! How great would that be? I would love to learn Korean one day! I would have chosen Chinese but I am already quite fluent in it (though definitely not as fluent as you who is becoming a teacher in Chinese). I am also learning Japanese right now so it would be amazing if I can understand and speak all those three languages. That is something I hope I can do in the future.
4. Have you got another hobby apart from blogging? If so, what is it and how often do you do it? Ahahahaha, no, not really. Well, dramaing is but I need to drama in order to blog. LOL.
5. If you were only one of the last two survivors of a zombie apocalypse (cliqued, I know lol), who would your other survivor buddy be?(could be celebrity, family, even your pet ><) Can I be greedy and say my entire family!?
6. Which is your all-time favourite variety show? I’ve already answered that in one of Soori’s question (question 8) so you can check it out there (:
7. What is one food you wish to try out? Ever since I saw Adriano Zumbo’s creation on TV, I have been dying to try them out! I especially want to try his macarons and cakes! In a similar question, you can check out my answer to one of Kelly199865’s questions (question 9).
8. What is your ultimate guilty pleasure? This is a question because I have no idea, unless you count drama as my ultimate guilty pleasure.
9. Who or what is your ideal male/female? Li Da Ren (In Time With You (AKA I May Not Love You)), Liu Shan Feng/Liu Chuan (In A Good Way), Huang Yi Kang (The Pursuit of Happiness), Yoon Yoon Jae (Reply 1997 (AKA Answer Me 1997)), Eun Shi Kyung (The King 2 Hearts)… and the list goes on! I like guys who are kind, tentative and caring towards their other half. (: I’m all for the heart rather than looks because that is what counts in a relationship.
10. One piece of advice for those who are currently blogging/wanting to start a blog Go for it! But only do it if it is something that you really want to. Blogging is a casual hobby that is meant to satisfy you so do it if it is going to make you happy. Oh, and manage your time wisely! Don’t let it take over RL!
Questions from Kat Answered!
1. Your least favourite aspect of blogging? The time it takes to actually write up a post, especially a recap! Trust me, you will never know the true extent of it unless you try it for yourself. Recapping takes foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and I take forever to gather my opinion down in writing so together it takes me a very very very long time in writing up a post. Another part I dislike is the lack of comments on my post. Sure, I may be writing to express my opinion across but I want to interact with other drama-watchers like me. It just disheartens me to see that people read my posts but don’t comment on it. I know, I know, I blog because I want to share my drama love with the rest of the world but more than that, I want to be able to hear what other people think. So please, COMMENT and it will make my day! I love reading comments because this allows me to interact with you guys. Please do comment! It really does make my day when I see a notification. (:
2. Favourite Character forever and why? Oh, this is so hard! I can’t single out to one favourite character because I have too much favourites! As of now, my favourite characters (I can’t even single it out to one character) would have to be Lin Jia En and Liu Shan Feng/Liu Chuan from In A Good Way because they just kick ass. Oh, and I am loving Jung Shi Hyun/Parksa from Cruel City (AKA Heartless City) who also kicks ass!
3. Your five drama recommendations? (can be from any country!) I recommend all that is on my Drama Ratings page. (: I love them to bits and pieces!
4. Your new production company has just been established and you are producing your first drama. What genre will it be (eg. modern rom-rom, wuxia, palace drama, police drama etc)? Who will be your lead actor, lead actress and second lead? (sorry that’s like four questions in one!) Why does all your questions require so much thinking for!? Ahahaha, jks, that’s okay! (: It would be my answer to one of coffeenlucia’s question (question 7) as a modern rom-com police drama. For the cast it would have to be of someone who can kick-ass and I would probably make it an international production because I would love it to have international actors collaborate with each other. Hmmmm, but as of who I would cast as who, I have no idea! 😛
5. Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray or Novak Djokovic? Rafael Nadal because he is cool and has an uber-awesome accent.
Questions from Time in the Gray Answered!
1. What is one drama you hate that everyone loves? Oooo, this is already looking out to be a set of really hard questions! Ahaha, I don’t actually think there are any! I’m not so sure. I generally have the same feeling as other people for the dramas I watch, however, I guess from recent memory Love Around fits this description. There was quite a lot of love for it though I was never able to bring love for it. However, there was also a lot of criticism for it so it’s a love-it-or-hate-it drama.
2. What do you loathe about blogging? The lack of comments! I wish people would comment more so I can interact with them more. You can check out my answer to question 1 from Kat to which I gave a much more detailed answer. (:
3. Suppose that you miraculously become the omnipotent force in your sworn enemy’s life. What is the one drama you’d compel him/her to watch? I don’t have any enemies, hehe but if I could, I would make all my friends watch Two Fathers. Friends and foe (just clarifying, I don’t have any foes) around the world, watch Two Fathers. I guarantee that you will not forget it. I loved that drama a lot. It was so beautiful and perfect in so many ways but a lot of people resist giving it a try because of its long ep count and ordinary premises, but let me tell you, a drama does not need to have drama tropes to make it durable. This drama was literally the story of the daily life of an (un)ordinary family but it was something that kept me gravitated ep after ep. Just give it a try. (:
4. Think of one common drama logic gap and put it to shame, in any way you like. Guys doing incredible u-turns in the middle of a busy road. Yep, everyone has to make way for the just to perfect their u-turn. And this always occur at intense moments. Just to let you know, the roads aren’t made for you to do your u-turns. 😛
5. Bash your favorite drama for being so awesome, be it sleepless nights or life-ruining withdrawal symptoms. I’m going to bash about In A Good Way for its awesomeness because it is something very (extra)ordinary yet so simple. I am just loving this week after week, ep after ep. It is pure happiness with each ep. This drama is just amazing in delivering a natural and realistic atmosphere and this is just one of the many reasons that I love it so much. As with Two Fathers, the simplicity and ordinariness with it is what makes it so endearing. There is so much natural growth here that is as ordinary as it can get, just like an exact mirror image of RL. There is genuine friendship and romances with no motives involved and all the characters are very supportive of one another. The drama itself is amazing and but he BTS is something that I love equally as much in its own way. I adore the friendship that the cast have with each other. It is no wonder the drama is as sweet as it is. I just love it so so so much and I can go on forever but I’ll stop myself for now before I go overboard. Well, I guess I already have… You can check out some more of my love for In A Good Way on my blog. (: Do join the IAGW bandwagon if you haven’t already done so!
Questions from dewannifordrama Answered!
1. Choose a question from the 10 I just answered that you like and answer it. I’ll choose question 6: What is one drama you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not? (LOL, this was actually one of the questions I asked!) The answer is probably way too much. Way way way too much to count. However, of recent memory, they would have to be Love Around (urghh, it was such a drainer to recap it week after week), Dragon Gate and Alice in Wonder City (AKA Giving Alice a Miracle). Do me a favour and never ever set eyes on them.
2. If I were to visit you in your city/country, what activity/touristy thing would you want to do? (If you want to, please include where that might be) There isn’t much touristy things where I live so we’ll probably go eat and shopping. Seriously, there is nothing here! Oh, you can go to the zoo or the aquarium if you like.
3. What is your favourite K-drama (or K-pop) trope? It’s got to be contract marriage without a doubt. I love them and can fall back to them time after time.
4. What is your favourite Korean food? (Or if you haven’t eaten Korean food, just your favourite food) Korean bbq? Yummmmmm, just thinking of that sizzle and smell makes me hungry for me!
5. (And I did ask this question last time) Please recommend a K-drama (or Korean film) for me to watch. You can see which dramas and films I have already watched on our ratings page (I’m the one who writes in blue). You have to check out Two Weeks! That was a brilliant and fulfilling drama that I loved from top to bottom. It was done amazingly and did not falter in offering a well written story given its constraints. I know you are a k-drama watcher but you should really check out some tw-dramas. You should give In A Good Way a try. It is one of my favourite current loves. ❤ ❤ ❤ it!
Questions from Breathless Survival Answered!
1. Is there a drama which you didn’t think do the OST justice? Ooooo, that’s a hard question! A drama that didn’t do the OST justice. Hmmm… Let me think… Still thinking… Oh got it. It’s got to be Dragon Gate. A drama really does influence how to perceive music. I listened to the theme songs prior to the drama and quite enjoyed it but after seeing the drama, I didn’t like the songs so much any more.
2. A book (Asian, Western) that you would like to see be made into a drama. Most of the books that I read are already being made into movies but if I have to choose, I would love to see the The Hunger Games, Vampire Academy or Divergent series being made into a drama. Oh wait, actually, I would love to see The Fault in Our Stars as a drama.
3. A OTP that you initially thought would suck but worked out beautifully in the end? Park Shin Hye and Kim Won Bin from The Heirs. Who would have thought that they turned out to be a much more compelling OTP than PSH’s pairing with Lee Min Ho?
4. A drama that you would pack if you’re heading off to a beach vacation? Uhhh, I’m going to bring City Hunter because what’s better than some action while on a relaxing vacation? Plus, CH is definitely up for a re-watch.
5. An actor/actress whom you don’t fancy but who always co-stars with actor/actresses you like? Tia Li who has been scoring lots of lead roles in recent years opposite actors and actresses who I like despite her inability to put on a three-dimensional performance. Oh, and Aimee Chan who is leading dramas even though she doesn’t have the leading lady qualities yet. Her fame and acceptance by the public skyrocketed ever since she announced her relationship with Moses Chan but sadly, her acting didn’t. She can act but she isn’t worthy of being a leading lady yet.
6. The worst drama that you ever watched from start to finish? [And why?] Oh gosh, I have watched so much bad dramas that I don’t even know how to rank on as the worst. I think I’ll just choose Alice in Wonder City (AKA Giving Alice a Miracle). That did not do Aaron Yan any justice and the plot was just ridiculous. The ending was beyond horrible. I only stuck with it because I finish dramas that I start. I don’t like giving up on a drama that I started.
7. A drama that got you re-thinking your perception of romance/love. I actually have two on my mind: In A Good Way and Two Fathers. IAGW shows that love can be sincere and that it can occur naturally without the interference from people who wants to manipulate a relationship while TF shows that other than romance, family and friendship love are also very important aspects of love.
8. A destination/city/country that you would like a drama to be filmed? France, just because I want to see the pretty place that it is.
9. An actor/actress that you would like to play psychologist to? Right now it has got to be Lego Lee and Lorene Ren. I would go inside their brains and work out what they feel for each other IRL. Hehehe.
10. I know I love a drama when… [please complete the sentence] …its next episode release is all that I can think about. ^^
Questions from Isabelle Alyssa Answered!
1. Name and elaborate on one of the most influential figures in your life. My parents. They have been through so much hardships and turmoil but they continue to strive everyday to live to their fullest. My parents have taught me so much and everyday they continue to teach me. I love my parents; without them, I would not be who I am today.
2.What are the countries that you would love to visit to if you get the chance to explore the world? Why? I’ve always wanted to visit Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Korea and France. I really want to see those places for my own eyes. They are just so beautiful on screen! I would also love to go and try out some authentic food.
3. What is your favourite book? Why? It’s got to be the Vampire Academy series. It was perfectly written and got to me each and every time. It was emotionally attaching and gets to me each time I re-read the series. Yep, that’s how much I love it.
4. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? Happy with my Prince Charming and with a job I love.
5. Name your favourite genre of music (it can be more than one) and elaborate a little on your favourite artists. Well, I am a huge instrumentals lover. They are not only good study music, but also very good for relaxation. This is why I love OSTs. I love listening to instrumentals. They are just so beautiful and in many ways better the singing songs. I also tend to tend more towards ballads and soft light-beat bubblegum songs. I just like those sort of songs. When I get addicted to a song, I get addicted. I will put that one song on replay for hours on end. Some of my favourite singers are Mag Lam, G.E.M Tang, Della Ding, JJ Lin, A-Lin, EXO, Taylor Swift, One Direction, Show Luo and Super Junior.
6. What are the traits found in your siblings that you wish you could have too? His technologically smart brain. My brother is so good with computers and electronics! I wish I could have this ability so I won’t have to rely on him for everything that is computer related.
7. What prompted you to create your blog? Briefly elaborate on it. Well, I was reading for drama blogs for quite a while before I started my own blog and I thought, why not put my skills to use and share my drama love to the world? And that’s how it all started!
8. Why did you nominate the blogs that you nominate? I nominated because I really want to hear their answers. (: Everyone is welcome to join the tag. I would love you read your answers too! Please join in! The more the merrier!
9. What are the lessons that you’ve taken away from year 2013? If you want to succeed you have to put in the effort. You can’t just bum around and hope that things will turn out the way you want it to. If you want it, you have to chase for it.
10. Tell us about your favourite things about blogging. Knowing that there are people out there who read my posts. For me, blogging has never been about stats and never will be but just knowing that there are people out there who appreciate what I write makes this very worthwhile. (: It’s a bonus when people comment on my posts. I love reading comments and every time there is a new comment, I get really happy knowing that someone wants to share me some of their thoughts.
Questions from Zombie Mamma Answered!
1. What was your favorite drama of 2013? 2013 was a year filled with great dramas and not so great dramas. I found myself falling in love with quite a number of dramas but my favourite would have to be my first ever daily, Two Fathers. It was soooooo good! You have to watch it for yourself to understand why I loved it so much. Closely behind it would be Two Weeks which delivered to my heart. (:
2. If K-Pop is your thing, which artist/group is your all-time favorite? Which song and/or album of his/hers/theirs is your favorite? K-Pop isn’t really my thing. I would listen to k-pop but I wouldn’t call it my thing. I just listen; I don’t actually follow who’s who or what’s what. I guess my favourite group would have to be EXO because I enjoy their type of music and well, who can resist them hot guys?
3. If you were to star in your very own noona romance drama, who would be the younger man to steal your heart and how would he do it? AHAHAHA, I not that old yet! I’m no where near a noona. 😛
4. Who is your all-time favorite K-Drama/K-Pop star/group? Why? My all-time favourite k-drama would have to be The King 2 Hearts. It was heart-wrenching and the chemistry between the four leads was just beautiful.
5. If you could spend a day hanging out with your ultimate bias, who would it be and what would you do? I actually have no idea who my ultimate bias is! I don’t think I even have one. Right now, with my obsession over anything In A Good Way related, I would have to choose Lego Lee. I would really love to see how different he is from his on-screen character Liu Chuan. I don’t mind what we do as long as I can talk to him and stare at him. Actually, I don’t think the staring will happen since I am a shy person will definitely blush while looking at him.
6. If you could visit South Korea, would you be more interested in exploring the country as a whole or would you rather visit all of your favorite drama locations? Why? The country! I have always wanted to travel and visit different countries to see what the world is really like. I want to explore the country and visit unique places that can only be found in that country.
7. Which do you enjoy more: Watching all the newest dramas, even if it means waiting a week to find out what happens next or waiting until a drama has finished airing so you can marathon the entire drama in one go? It depends. I enjoy both just as much but there are times when one is better than the other. With some dramas, you have to and watch through it in one setting to enjoy the most out of it but others you have to live-watch week by week and have that pain of waiting for ep to come out. For a drama such as In A Good Way, I think live-watching is the better alternative while for something such as Two Weeks, marathoning it will be better. Though, the thing with live-watching is that you get all these teases throughout the week that it makes waiting for the ep to come quite difficult if you find yourself emotionally attached to the drama (i.e., like me right now with In A Good Way).
8. In your opinion, which K-drama has the best kiss scene and which has the worst? Memory of a gold fish means that I don’t remember anything of such. 😦 Though, I guess from recent times, The Heirs probably had one of the worst kiss scene while City Hunter probably had one of the best. Ironically, Lee Min Ho was the kisser in both dramas.
9. What is the most played song on your iPod (or equivalent) right now? I just check my iTunes, and Cyndi Wang‘s Don’t Cry tops my list with 122 plays.
10. If you could interview any Hallyu star, who would it be and what would you ask? Hmmm…I’ll go with Jung Kyung Ho and ask him why must he be so hot for!? Jokes, I would probably be too shy to even be able to look at him let alone get a word out of my mouth!
You’ve Been Tagged
Rules are made to be broken so I have tagged more than the requested 10 because these are people who I really want to hear answers from.
- Heisui from My Drama Tea
- Dramatic Tea Leaves from Dramatic Tea Leaves
- Splash of Inspiration from A Splash of Inspiration
- Kat from Drama Pot
- Pinkblossom and Whitecarrot from Carrotblossom Patch
- Kfangurl from A Fangirl’s Verdict
- Miriamfanz from Casual TVB
- Dewaanifordrama from Samsoon Down The Rabbit Hole
- JYL from Sphere of Gray
- Carolines541 from Obsessions Of Line
- Dramamochi from Dramamochi
- Lore and ExtraKun from Lore In Stone Cities
- Love of TVB from TVB and Thai Lakorns
- Redbeanmochi, Greengrassjelly and Yanggyuangmarshmallow from Give Me Dramas
- Aehyu from Aehyu
- NeeNee from Asian Addicts Anonymous
- Jandoe from You Don’t Know Me
- &&everyone else in the blog-o-sphere! I tag you all! (: Please join in!
Questions from Melon Answered!
1. If you could play any role in a TVB drama who would it be and why? I’d want to be a policewoman! How badass would it be to look fierce while holding a gun?
2. If you could meet any TVB artist who would it be and what is the first thing you would do? Hmmmm, hmmmm, right now I would say Tavia Yeung because she is an amazing actress and has a very sweet personality. I would probably be starstruck and be too nervous to even look at her, lol.
3. You would marry which TVB artist (if they were like 22 years old instead of their actual age now) I currently have no one in mind because my mind is elsewhere, hehehehe, like with Lego Lee.
4. Which TVB artist do you ship them with? I ship Kenneth Ma and Tavia Yeung! They have amazing chemistry together and are one of my all-time favourite OTPs. They’ve collaborate numerous times together and their chemistry is always on fire!
5. Who do you prefer in acting wise: Raymond Lam or Ron Ng I prefer Raymond Lam hands down because he shows a broader range of actually ability. Ron Ng just gets stereotyped to play the same police roles over and over again. It’s not even that, he plays the same police guys with the same rash attitude.
6. Who do you want to win TV King at the end of this year and why? I haven’t seen much TVB series this year and there is still quite a while before the awards come rolling around so I really have no idea, but I want someone deserving to take home the title.
7. Who do you want to win TV Queen and why? As with the previous question, I want someone deserving to take home the title.
8. If you could change one ending in either: Witness Insecurity or Bottled Passion, what would it be and why? I’d say Witness Insecurity. I wouldn’t change it drastically or anything, I’d just make it more realistic, like, you know, head to the hospital when you’re badly injured!
9. Who is your childhood actor or actress? I actually don’t have one or if I do, I probably forgot because my memory is just terrible!
10. Favourite drama of all time? Non-TVB wise, it would have to be The King 2 Hearts but TVB wise I would have to go with The Hippocratic Crush II (AKA On Call 36 Hours II).
Time for My Questions!
- How did you get into blogging about drama?
- What is your all-time favourite drama trope that you can watch over and over again?
- Who is your favourite OTP and why? (I asked this during my previous Liebster Award post but it doesn’t hurt to ask it again).
- Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
- What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
- What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
- Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
- Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
- What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
- What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside? (I know, I cheated with asking 11 questions in all but hey, rules are meant to be broken!)
Ariel Lin!! Have you seen her in “In Time with you”?
Yep, I loved her there! (:
“Rules are made to be broken” LOL misscupcakees!! Thanks for tagging me hehe! 😀 I guess the Liebster Award has become a yearly event?
And I think one of the funniest parts of this post is when you said you’d want to change all of the TVB endings. That just goes to show how many TVB dramas don’t end well. T_T
Hehehe, that would be cool! Hopefully it does become a yearly event. (: Awww, &no probbies!
Ahahaha! Yes, I can just utter off a number of TVB endings that I want to change in a matter of seconds!
Thanks for tagging me too!!! LOL @ changing the ending of Highs and Lows, that was rather wacky. I was rather annoyed Sandy didn’t end up with Happy Sir.
And I like your idea for a drama, two undercover cops but a rom-com? Very intriguing!
No probbies! (:
Ahaha, trust me, it wouldn’t just be the ending that I want to change! I would literally re-write the drama!
Hehehe, too bad it would never come to life!
My answers here 🙂 http://www.dramapot.com/2014/0204/liebsteraward/
Yay! (: I loved them! Ohhh, accountant? Nice you know that you there are people other than Bolin Chen that you can stare at. Hehehe! 😛
Btw, you can check out my answers here (:
HAHAHAHA~ I haven’t thought about non-Asian guys – there could be more there!!!
Rafael Nadal = excellent choice 😀
Yes, there are more out there but you only have eyes for Bolin. 😛
Ahaha, I don’t really pay attention to tennis but I catch it whenever the Aussie Open is on.
Congrats!! I never knew that such an award exist! Your hard work deserves to be rewarded^^ I love all of your post and I do appreciate your hard work! hopefully you’ll win this award and that you won’t be nominated for this award next year (meaning that your followers will surpass 200 and even 1000!). I’m really glad to know you because not a lot of people watch TVB dramas as well as other Asian dramas in the country I’m living in. It is always fun to read your posts and think “oh~ that’s exactly what I thought at that scene!”.Congrats again and Happy Chinese New Year!
I’m not sure how you nominate or if you have to qualify to nominate bloggers but still I want to ask you some questions~ You don’t have to answer if it’s too personal:P
1. If you can be a female drama lead in any drama, who would it be?
2. What would you do if a banana you are about to eat comes to life and begs you for his/her life?
3.What is your all time favourite song to sing at the karaoke?
4. What subject are you majoring in and do you know what you want to be in the future?
5.If the world ends in a week, would you still watch dramas for the remaining time or would you think that it’s a waste of time?
6. Do you believe in supernatural beings such as ghost, gumiho, aliens, etc.?
7. What do you hate most about life?
8. What is the earliest memory you can remember?
9. What is your favourite nature scenery? (something like stars, sunsets, waterfall,etc.)
10.What would you do if you have amnesia? (kinda like making up your own story involving amnesia)
I would be very grateful if you can answer my questions:) I think asking about random stuff is the best way to know a person so this is why I’m asking you random stuff:P
Well done on your nomination!
Awww, thank you on your positive compliment! It makes me really happy to hear that you enjoy reading my blog. Ahaha, really? Out of curiosity, where do you live? &happy Chinese New Year to you too!
I will get you your questions soon!
OMG, thanks for nominating me! I love your blogposts too 😀 XD
No worries! &thank you so so so much! I am really glad that you like them.
Congrats on all the nominations this time around! It does make you feel good to know that you are loved and inspire other bloggers out there. I decided, I’ll just answer your questions here 😛 If there’s a question missing, it’s because I couldn’t come up with an answer 😛
01. How did you get into blogging about drama?
I needed to learn WordPress for work and had been thinking about blogging Asian dramas for a long time…this gave me the motivation to get started.
03. Who is your favourite OTP and why? (I asked this during my previous Liebster Award post but it doesn’t hurt to ask it again).
Hmmm…think, think, think…an OTP I just loved and loved…I’m drawing a blank, lol, but right now I am totally digging Seon Yu and Ji Suk in Angel’s Revenge…the two are so cute and perfect for one another.
04. Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
Aiyo, there are just too many guys that you love who never get the girls that are the most awesome guys ever. I will say that I first experienced SLS with Brilliant Legacy. Poor oppa didn’t get the girl 😦 Oh..and then there’s Chilbongi. I really rooted for him.
05. What is your favourite MV? Link me please!
(I totally agree with you about what you said about MVs. If you really like MVs with stories, you should definitely check out some Thai MVs). This isn’t the best example, but I just love the Thai version of Natthew’s song “Oh Please”.
And right now, my favorite MV is Dickpunks’s “Goodbye Girlfriend” – I do prefer MVs with stories, but I just found this one kind of awesome.
06. What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
Eh. This is a tough one, but I guess even the charm of Elvin Ng’s performance wasn’t enough to make me NOT regret watching Singapore drama Breakout. Don’t watch it!
07. Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
I think I might write a special blog post just for you when I have finished transferring my site for you 🙂
09. What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
I’ll answer both! I majored in English with an Emphasis in Writing and minored in Computer Information Systems. I’m currently utilizing both degrees as the Managing Editor of NewPages.com
10. What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside? (I know, I cheated with asking 11 questions in all but hey, rules are meant to be broken!)
I want to go to too many places…but traveling and I don’t agree to well. I get planesick. I still would love to visit Wales, Scotland, Ireland, China, South Korea, and Taiwan. Especially when they show some of the gorgeous places in movies and dramas.
Yep, it does! I love that feeling! Thank you for supporting me and inspiring me! (:
Oooooo, thank you for the Thai MV! That was so beautifully moving! This is why I love MVs that tell stories!
Are you serious!!???!?!?!? A special blog post for me!? I am so happy right now! You have made my day! *blushes*
That’s good you are making use of your degree. 😛 Hopefully when I finish uni I will be able to get a job that I love.
I know, dramaing has made me want to go to so many places! I want to travel the world and see the goodies of the dramas.
So, as a heads up, I thought I’d tell you before the post goes live, but I have FINALLY gotten around to writing your story. Only, NeeNee can’t write a short story to save her life, so…the first chapter is officially going live tomorrow on AAA!
I hope you enjoy it, and I promise there is (sort of) a rich man, poor girl plot. 😉 Only…you won’t really see it in this chapter as much per se. Thank you for inspiring to pick up my pen…er…keyboard…and start writing again!
Hey! I know you have already gotten one before but I just nominated you for a Liebster Award! No need to thank me; you deserved it lol! Btw, the questions are optional ^^
Omgggg, thank you for the nomination! I am so grateful and happy!! *blushes* I’ll get to your questions very soon, I promise!
Haha you’re welcome and please, don’t rush yourself! Take your sweet time,kinda like how I did LOL
Hehehe, I will. You can anticipate my answers (:
I’m done! You can check out my answers here (:
And I’m finally done!! 😀 http://thefangirlverdict.com/2014/02/03/liebster-shower-round-2/
[…] days later, I received Liebster #5 from my friend misscupcakees who hosts A Fairytale World. And whom I realize gifted me with a […]
Aw!!! Thank you so much!!!
So I am not as cool as you folks who have the courage for a second Liebster post. I’m still struggling to get back into the blogging world again…and it took me about six or seven months to actually make a post after the first round of nominations…so I am just going to reply right here, otherwise you might have to wait a year or something. If you want to read the post I actually made a few months ago…here is a link: http://www.samsoondowntherabbithole.com/2013/11/another-year-of-k-drama.html
How did you get into blogging about drama? I was watching Queen In-Hyun’s Man as it was airing, and it was impossible to find it subbed anywhere, so I read a lot of recaps etc. and I loved the drama so much and I wanted to say so much about it, so my friend (blogging buddy bustered who’s taking a blogging hiatus) and I started a blog! As for drama. In about August 2011 a friend who loves Bollywood (and K-drama) said I should try some Korean drama. I finally got to it that November, and I’ve been hooked ever since!
What is your all-time favourite drama trope that you can watch over and over again?
Hmmm…that’t a hard one. I actually really like the “contract marriage” trope. It makes for lots more awkwardness and often funny skinship. And just generally funny high-jinks all round.
Who is your favourite OTP and why?
Hmm…another hard one. I don’t know actually. One of my recent ones is our OTP from You from Another Star. I just love Kim Soo Hyun as Do Min Joon and Jun Ji Hyun as Chun Song Yi. They are just hilarious together. I also really love the Lee Jong Seok-Kim Woo Bin bromance in School 2013. But as for an all-time favourite I would have to say the King of Dramas pairing, no Secret Garden, Queen In-Hyun’s Man for their amazing chemistry, or Flower Boy Ramyun Shop, or The Princess’ Man, no um…I can’t answer this question!
Who do you have the most severe SLS (second lead syndrome) towards?
Ah!!! These questions are so hard!!! 🙂 I am going to have to go with the Prosecutor in City Hunter because it was the first time I truly understood what SLS was. I would say that the second lead in The Greatest Love was also lovely.
What is your favourite MV?
Eek! That is so hard! I will have to go with Naul’s “Memory of the Wind” which is one of the most beautiful MVs I have ever seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5ShDNOqq1E It also won our best MV award in our 2012 K-Pop Awards.
What is one drama that you regret ever having started regardless of whether you finished it or not?
You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin. I’ve watched 29 episodes of that sucker and it still hasn’t gotten any better…though I have some friends who say I need to carry on watching. I also really regret watching Full House 2.
Poor girl, rich guy. Write up a drama plot revolving around them.
I think I wouldn’t. I would have it be a rich woman, poor man…let’s see. She’s a nature conservationist (that way we get to see more of Korea’s gorgeous scenery). He’s a poor, penniless professor who’s leading a nature study and they get stranded on an island somewhere and fall for each other for part of the drama. When they get back to civilization, her crazy, chaebol family has been going beserk trying to find her…and that’s all I’ve got at the drop of a hat. I will have to think this through a little more 😉
Who are some guys that you can just stare at for days and nights without having them to even do anything?
Buahahaha. I have no idea. Jung Kyung Ho? Hyun Bin. Lee Beom Soo. The list in endless…as my Pinterest board might testify 😉 I should probably make that into a dewaanifordrama one or something.
What are you currently studying/have studied etc. or what is your current job (if you are currently working)?
I’m actually currently unemployed and trying to find work. I just graduated with my MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and yup, trying to find work. It’s why I have been so absent from blogging and drama watching…and why I’m slowly trying to ease back in.
What are some places you want to visit (it can be fictional or not) and where in the world do you currently reside?
I currently live in the U.S., but I am originally from South Africa. I have also lived in Germany, and I want to live in South Korea. I would also like to try out Australia, New Zealand, and Italy for now. I want to travel extensively.
This might make it into a post someday…but I figured you might want the answers sooner rather than later.
Awww, it’s okay. Take your time. No one is pushing you! Just do whatever makes you comfortable!
Contract marriages are also one of my favourite drama troupes! I really enjoy them for some reason! I guess it’s that feeling of two random strangers getting pulled together and then falling for one another.
Oooo, very unconventional! Rich woman, poor guy! I would actually love to see your drama come to life! It’s a good start. (: The pieces will come together soon!
Me too, I also want to travel extensively. Hopefully I can do so in the future! I really want to see the world for what it’s worth!
Good luck on finding a job! I’m sure you are a great teacher (: Would you try teaching overseas?
😀 I will for sure let you know if it does turn into a post! I am trying to find work overseas in fact…it’s just a bit of a visa nightmare for me. Somehow it’s all going to work out in the end though!
Hehehe, I’ll be waiting! (:
Really? Where? It would be nice overseas, this way you can also pick up a foreign language. Again, good luck in your job hunt!
Well, I am trying to find work in Korea and get that all sorted out ^^ I already have several languages under my belt, but I am working on Korean right now ^^
Really? That’s so cool! What languages do you know? Ahahaha, I would love to learn Korean one day too! Partially for my drama watching experience and partially because I like the language (:
Well English is my native language, but I also speak Afrikaans fluently (though I wonder how much of it I’ve lost since I never speak it with anyone anymore) – it’s a simplified Dutch spoken in South Africa, I am also fluent in German. I have studied French quite a bit, and Hindi, as well as some Ancient Greek, and I’ve picked up some Spanish…now I’m working on Korean ^^ I am a linguist by profession…but really I am just a nerd.
Wooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! That’s a lot of languages! You’re a polygot! Hehehe! I love languages too! Languages are cool! I shall get to Korean one day. (:
Well, I’m hardly fluent in any of them. I like to dabble in languages ^^
At least you will be able to utter some phrases wherever in the world you are. 😛 Learning languages is cool. I wish my parents taught me more languages when I was younger.
Well, there is no time like the present! ^^~
LOL, I’m current learning Jap and refining my Chinese. Korean will come once I get these two languages under my belt.
See, you’re learning two of the most difficult languages to learn ^^
Well, I grew up speaking Chinese so that doesn’t really count. Ahahaha, Jap has so much conjugations! It’s drives me nuts sometimes and I find it hard to get new vocab to stick.
[…] Liebster #5 – misscupcakees’ Questions: […]
Oomph, I probably worded that question a little awkwardly. By drama logic gap, I mean… for example, when in K-dramas the male/female lead runs all the freaking way to the airport/hospital/etc. instead of taking a taxi or something. Like… WHY?!
Ohhhh, I fixed my answer! (:
LOL, yeah, those U-turns are dangerous!! What are they trying to do, kill someone?
I dunno, but they are some perfect and very handsome u-turns. The road literally stops to make room for those u-turns. It’s okay for them to take up five lanes. LOL
And there’s never ever any traffic. Oh, dramaland.
Ahaha, I know! That only happens in dramaland! But I do like a cool u-turn every now and then.
So…I turned your nomination into a post ^^ (there’s more detail etc.) http://www.samsoondowntherabbithole.com/2014/02/getting-to-know-neighbours-second-round.html
(: I’ve updated my Liebster post for answers. You can check that out.
[…] miscupcakees at A Fairy Tale World […]
[…] to Soori, BetsyHp, Belle, Janey, Dewaanifordrama, Gabby, misscupcakees, Yeonheeminoz, and Rarapop for nominating me for the Liebster Award this year! (Holy moly, […]
[…] Thank you to misscupcakees and heisui … […]
[…] Liebster Award! It is an honor to be nominated for this award, courtesy of the lovely blogger Miss Cupcakees at A Fairytale World and the lovely blogger at Kdrama & More. Thank you […]
[…] Questions from misscupcakees […]
glad to see tons of Two Fathers love!! such a good drama!
Hehehe, I know. I absolutely love it!